Monday, October 24, 2011

Super Baby, To The Rescue!

Everybody loves a super hero!  Especially kids!  And what better way to have fun with super heroes than to make your own cape.  I've tried all kinds of capes, and this one seems to work best.  Tying the towel/blanket/sheet around the neck can hurt and it just falls off.  But this cape won't fall off, and you make it with an old t-shirt.

Lay out your old shirt:


Then cut up the sides, cutting in to the neck at about the middle of the sleeve:


Then cut around the neck, leaving a bit of a border.  When you finish slip it on a brave kid and watch the magic happen.


This is an old UCLA Den shirt from my husband's huge collection.  I love that it says "Champions Made Here"


Super Breleigh to the rescue!

I hope that you use this to turn your kids into extraordinary super heroes!
Up, up and away!

This is where I originally saw the idea.  She used velcro, but I figured I didn't need that extra step.  Check it out!

It has been suggested that the velcro may make the cape more safe.  So true!  As we learned from the Incredibles, capes are not the safest choice in the super hero uniform.  So be safe out there super heroes!

1 comment: