Thursday, October 20, 2011

Halloween, it Depends on Your Point of View



So far I have shared several kindergarten ideas, which is pretty strange because I'm really more of an upper grade teacher.  Don't get me wrong, I love kindergarten!  I have a great time subbing for them, and had an even better time when I taught a group of kindergartners for the YMCA.  But my teaching niche is really in the upper grades.

One of the things that I love best about the upper grades is that they really start writing.  It's a lot more than sentences once they hit the third grade and I love that!  

Something that you can do with your students to help them practice adjectives is have them brain storm both the good things and bad things about Halloween.  Then assign each student a point of view to write about.  Have them write all of the adjectives that they can think of that go with their point of view and color them.  It makes a great display board, and it's always funny to see what they have to say.  I had pictures, but alas, I lost them.  If I can find them then I will be sure to post them on another day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment