Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Kinder Pumpkin Science


I had a very interesting day today.  I taught sixth grade, which is always a challenge, but these kids were pretty great.  One of them was hilarious, but at all of the worst times, and it took every ounce of control that I had not to laugh.  Then when I left, my car wouldn't start.  I called a friend, who lives down the street from the school I was at, and she came right away and helped me get my car started.  If that wasn't enough, I had planned to come over and do a craft with her son but because of my car we decided to reschedule.  So not only did she rush over to help me, she also invited me to come over tomorrow and she is going to cook dinner!  Wait a minute, shouldn't I be the one making her dinner?!?  I seriously have the best friends!  I will make it to her somehow.

So today I wanted to share a worksheet that I made up for a Kinder/first grade science experiment.  This is all about getting to know the pumpkin in new ways, and focuses on estimation and prediction.  It is designed to do in small groups, with an adult.  I'm not entirely happy with the worksheet yet and I would love feedback, if you have any!  But I do think this is a great start.






Just click on the picture and it will to take to a site where you can download it for free!  Let me know what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment