Thursday, October 6, 2011

Googly Eye Frame

"Hi, my name is Jamie and I'm a Pinterestaholic"  
It's true if there is a rehab for people who spend too much time on Pinterest then I need to go.  All of my meals come off of Pinterest, I am constantly getting craft ideas from there, and my home to do list is incredibly long because of that site.  If you aren't on it, then look it up!  


The moral of that story is that today's craft was inspired by something I saw on Pinterest. The super lame part is that I can't find the pin to give the person credit for their super cute idea!  If you've seen it please put the address in the comments so that I can add it.


Today we are making a . . . 


It is so easy and pretty inexpensive.  The frames are usually $1, but I got these on sale for 68 cents.  I would also HIGHLY recommend buying googly eyes at Wal Mart.  They are the least expensive that I could find anywhere!  If you don't already have ribbon or chip board letters then I would probably skip that part if you are doing this on a budget.  Here is how it goes:



Step 1: Paint the frame whatever color you would like in the background.  I painted the first one white and then decided that I didn't like it, so I painted the second one green

Step 2: Gather all of your supplies.  Several different sizes of googly eyes and glue are what you need to start.


Step 3: Glue the eyes close together, in any pattern, or lack of pattern, that you want.


Step 4: Glue the ribbon.  I lifted it up in the middle and glued so that it wouldn't sag with the letters.  Sorry for the crazy pictures, I'm still learning!


Step 5: Add the chip board letter by gluing them.  You can use any saying that you would like.  I used boo and eek because they were short and I had the letters for them.


And that's it!  I love my cute frames, but my favorite part is probably that awesome sound that they make when you move them. Side Note: How amazing is that paper I used for the background?!?! Here are some modifications to keep in mind:  If you have a toddler only give him the big googly eyes, and don't expect them to be close together.  You could even put pipe cleaner antenna on the top, or a funny mouth on the bottom.  For Kindergartners or First Graders have them make patterns with the different sizes, and then explain the pattern to you using letters, i.e. AABB, or ABAB.  The most important thing is to have fun!



Thanks to a good friend, here is the original post that I found on Pinterest: A Diamond in the Stuff This blog is full of amazing crafty ideas!  Be sure to go and check it out!

This post is linked at Fireflies and Jellybeans Show Off Your Stuff Party!

3 comments:

  1. Super cute! If you go to Pinterest-rehab, I might have to join you. I see a Pintervention coming my way soon. But I can quit anytime I want, I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, me too, I can stop any time I want. I'll just push "See More Pins" one more time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the frame, can't wait to see what you have in store for Christmas crafts.

    ReplyDelete