Monday, October 10, 2011

A Halloween Tutu


You should know that I am a little bit obsessed with tutus.  They are adorable, and so easy and inexpensive to make.  Plus, my niece looks adorable in them!

Here is what you need to make your own:

3 yards of each color tulle you are using
Ribbon that matches your color scheme

Yep!  That's it!  Like I said, easy and inexpensive.  Next I laid out each piece of tulle and cut them in half at the fold.  If you don't do this then you are going to have ridiculously huge pieces of tulle to work with.  I then wrapped my tulle around a piece of cardboard that measured 15" and secured both the top and bottom with rubber bands.  Then I cut the fabric at both ends so that it measured 7 1/2 inches and looked like this:


The next step is hard to photograph and the photos that I did take turned out horribly because, well because I'm white! Ha ha ha, my white skin reflected in the lens and they just look horrible and white and blurry.  Please excuse my whiteness and the resulting lack of photos.  But, all you do is fold a piece of tulle in half so that it has a loop at the top.  Put the loop behind the ribbon that you are using, and pull the bottom up over the ribbon and through the loop.  It's called a slip knot.  It should look like this:




Then just keep adding pieces until it is the right size and looks like this:




When you are done, tie it around the waist of a cute little girl and just giggle at how cute it is!






It doesn't get much cuter!  And the best part is that you can make them in any color!  I am currently working on an Angel's tutu for Bre and I can't wait to see her in it.  For now I will just enjoy how cute she is in this one.  Happy Monday!



This blog is linked to a great link party!

No comments:

Post a Comment